Terms & Conditions of Business for On-line ordering of SLA’s
- GENERAL TERMS
These are the Terms and Conditions of stereolithography (“SLA”) supplies of Industrial design Consultancy Limited (“IDC”), trading as IDC Models, which is a division of IDC. Together with the email of acceptance which IDC has prepared for the client they constitute the contract between IDC and the client when parts are ordered on-line. No variation of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing between IDC and the client.
- The Site is available only in English and an order can be placed only in English
- IDC reserves the right to modify the term and conditions and website content including pricing and delivery at any time. Such changes will effective immediately upon posting on IDC’s website. Any continued or repeat use of the website shall be deemed conclusive of the client’s acceptance of the modifications.
- PRICES AND VARIATIONS
- IDC’s prices in the quotation shall bind both IDC and the client, but IDC shall be entitled to increase prices if information from the client on which they are based proves to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Once an order is placed and payment is made, no changes to the scope of work can be made or data updates accepted.
- The prices quoted apply only to on-line payment made in advance by Paypal
- Payment made does not constitute a contractual obligation for IDC to undertake the job of work. IDC reserves the right to reject the job on the basis of the quality of data provided or because existing work load will not permit IDC to achieve the timescales requested. IDC will respond either accepting or rejecting the job within 1 working day of payment being made and will endeavor to reimburse any payment made within 3 working days.
- Prices and delivery timescales do not apply for deliveries outside of mainland UK. Requests for orders for delivery outside of the UK can be made directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DELIVERY, RISK AND PROPERTY
- Orders must be placed by 1pm for the order to be processed the same day and for the same day to be counted as the first day of the agreed turnaround period.
- The delivery time and cost specified in the quotation apply only to destinations in the UK where IDC’s delivery methods can reasonably deliver to within the time stated.
The turnaround timescales apply to UK working days only and do not include UK Public Bank Holidays or a period of business closedown typically extending from 24th December to 1st January (inclusive).
- WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES
- IDC shall not be liable for any consequential loss (including loss of profit, increased operating cost and loss of goodwill) suffered by the client under any circumstances and however arising.
- IDC shall not be liable for any defect in the quality and condition of goods or services including any failure to conform to specification if the specification is tighter than the standard tolerances achievable by the equipment (Refer to clause 5.3)
- Standard tolerances are +/-0.15mm up to maximum dimension of 100mm with an additional tolerance of 0.15% for dimensions in excess of 100mm. To guarantee that they are free of uncured resin, gaps and spaces and holes must be a minimum of 0.5mm wide
- Build orientations will be determined by IDC unless specified by the customer.
- IDC shall not be liable for any defect in the quality and condition of goods or services (including any failure to conform to specification) unless the defect is notified to IDC by or on behalf of the client within 24 hours of the date of receipt of the goods and services or (if the defect is not apparent on reasonable inspection) within 24 hours after discovery of the defect. The client shall afford to IDC an opportunity to repair or modify such goods free of charge; this shall be the limit of IDC’s liability.
- IDC shall not be liable for any failure of the part to achieve its intended use or any hazard arising from the application of the part. IDC takes no responsibility for the design or application of the part.
- IDC shall not be liable to the client nor shall it be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing or failure to perform any of its obligations under the contract if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond IDC’s reasonable control.
- The client shall indemnify IDC against any liability which the latter may incur, whether by Court proceedings or by a bona fide out of Court settlement, as a result of a claim against IDC under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 in respect of an alleged defect in the goods.
IDC may terminate the contract or suspend any delivery or stop goods in transit if the client:
- Is put into liquidation or administration or suffers the appointment of any administrative receiver or receiver.
- Makes any composition or arrangement with its creditors
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The client warrants that any specification or instruction which it gives to IDC is capable of implementation without breach of any intellectual property right of any third party. The client will indemnify IDC against any loss or expense arising out of breach of this warranty.
IDC will not enter into any specific non-disclosure agreement for work conducted through the on-line quoting system. Until an order is placed, IDC cannot see your data. Confidentiality of part data relating to ordered parts is implicit in the order acceptance.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- The client acknowledges that electronic communications, databases and websites are subject to errors, malfunctions, tampering and break-ins and that use thereof may result in damages to the client’s systems or operations. While IDC will implement reasonable precautions to attempt to prevent such occurrences, IDC does not guarantee such events will not take place and IDC will not be held liable for any such occurrences.
- The client shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any information or content downloaded from the Site or any other website accessed from the Site does not contain any virus or other computer software code or subroutine designed to disable, erase, impair or otherwise damage its systems, software or data, and the client shall indemnify, defend and hold IDC harmless from any liability, claim, cost or damage arising out of any third-party claim or suit caused by such virus or code or subroutine.
- By populating fields within the on-line quoting system, the client accepts that 'cookies' may be installed on the hard disk of the users computer with the sole purpose of enabling the provision of the quoting system, and allowing retrieval of perviously submitted data for returning visitors. No personally identifiable information is stored in cookies.
- EXPORT TERMS
Where goods and services are supplied for export:
- The client shall be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulations governing the importation of the goods and services into the country of destination and for the payment of all costs arising on importation including but not limited to any duty and handling charges.
- The client shall be responsible for arranging for testing and inspection of goods at IDC’s premises before shipment and IDC shall have no liability for any claim in respect of any defect in the goods which would be apparent on inspection and testing and which is made after shipment or in respect of any damage during transit.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
This contract shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Court of England and Wales.